Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What a beautiful Spring Break (雪裡紅, Chive buns)


What’s the definition of Spring Break?
The teachers take off and leave tons of homework for students. I have one essay along with 200 pages of reading. What am I supposed to do? To write one paragraph and to read 30 pages a day? It ruins my spring spirit just to think about it. I need time to take care of the garden and the dog. I guess no travel.
When I complained, Robinson said that I have his permission to write in Chinese. HA! I know I can do a much better job in Chinese. Maybe that’s what I should do. The problem is what if Robinson uses Google translation? Oh my, that will be a disaster! I have to think more about this lousy idea…
The class will be canceled tomorrow. Let’s celebrate! We always have to take care of our stomach first.





I call this tree the ugly tree.











Patxi’s Special

(The tomato sauce is not high in acid. I love it.)




Spinacini Nuovi
(The meatless pizza is surprisingly tasty.) 




These two pizzas are the best I've ever had in my life. It takes 45-60 minutes to bake. Be patient. It'll be worth your wait.




What a wonderful way to start Spring Break, if I don't think about homework.
Happy Birthday, John.






I Promise You're Going To Laugh When You Watch This Video About Owls.

http://blog.petflow.com/i-promise-youre-going-to-laugh-when-you-watch-this-video-about-owls-im-dying-so-funny/


I Can't Believe How Funny This Is. I Am In Tears, Make Sure Your Sound Is Turned On!


http://blog.petflow.com/i-cant-believe-how-funny-this-is-i-am-in-tears-make-sure-your-sound-is-turned-on/



Hands Down, This Is The Cutest, Most Fun Commercial Of All Time. Watch This!



 Happy belated April Fools' Day!  ^ _ ^





4/11


















4/12

















Happy Birthday, Dae Jing. 




My sister told me how to make 雪裡紅 mustard greens. It's easy.
1. wash


2. chop




3. Salt the green, set for 20 minutes.
4. Squeeze the water, put the greens in the bag and store in the refrigerator for two days.



I bought them yesterday. I love 柯南!

 and these!

This is the first time I bought Chinese CDs in the US in 11 years. I listened to them the whole afternoon while busy gardening and cooking for Peggy's birthday.

愛情的真理 (太棒了!以前YouTube都找不到這首歌!可是我還是放不上來,不知道為什麼...)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GklyuIJO-Fs

大約在冬季






太傻
浪人情歌
最浪漫的事
為愛痴狂
親密愛人
只要你過得比我好

滾滾紅塵

每次都想呼喊你的名字
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Ga_iEIxLw





What are these disgusting creatures which I found in the garden while we were turning over the soil?

It seems a little too late for planting them, but we'll wait and see.

I hope these 8 sunflowers grow the way we had before. They were 12 feet tall.

Chive buns

The dough: (燙麵) 3 cups flour
                             1 cup hot water 
                             1/2 cup cold water
put the dough in a bowl that has been coated with oil for 20 minutes
fold the dough with the filling (chives, tofu cake, Korean sweet potato noodles, eggs, ground pork, dried 櫻花shrimps), press the edges together and then cut the edge with a bowl.





mustard green filling
add tofu cake

                                                                      add stir fried ground pork



Who doesn't like whip cream? The more the better! ^ _ ^
Happy Birthday, Peggy!



對了~我當然準備了滷豬腳. haha




4/20


I felt so sorry watching Dixie’s hopelessness.  Dixie was so vulnerable when she had a seizure yesterday. Dixie is old. She will be 18 this August. Even though her body is failing, but she is tough. She still remains as a one person dog, jealous as before but greater. She eats, drinks a lot; therefore, she pees, shits, and throws up a lot. We have area rugs all over the house because she can’t walk on the wooden floor. I wash 6-9 rugs on a daily basis for more than a year.


But, she did a better job today. 12 rugs.




She does know how to keep me fit.

Very rarely now she walks out of the house and enjoys the sun. She can walk unsteadily but she needs help to get up. 


4/22

喔喔喔喔!我朝思暮想好久的黃橋甜燒餅


What a sweet ending for the Spring Break!

19 comments: